Saturday, June 4, 2011

Resentment...

I have to admit, I am becoming frustrated and disappointed in how after my switch to Carrara as my main app, I am still not comfortable w/ it for making gallery quality pieces... "Gallery Quality" pieces mean just that, not the usual figure stuck in a background and hit render for instant/quick art. All the testing, promoting and creating of my products has done just that to my real art, and I am feeling I am beginning to fall from grace. I know I still make some great imagery, but the power of impact of the concept is gone. Is it Bryce, is it Carrara, or is it me? A combination of the two?!?

It used to be that I concentrated on the concept of my imagery, but since I have been supporting my family through my products, all focus goes into that... I barely get to make any "real" art, it's all about the next product and promoting the last, and nasty, relentless cycle...

Either way, I have a serious show not too far away, and I want to create a brand new series of prints... I will have to force myself to go all out, and apply all that I have learned and incorporate my new programs and toolset into the works. I will NOT use stock imagery, or even touch up and revise old pieces. All new imagery, Carrara renders ONLY, and plenty of ZBrush and 3D Coat... The fusion and melding of objects I have wanted for so long, will be a powerful player in my new line, not to mention all thge postwork techniques I have picked up to give my work a new edge and appeal...

I look forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment